Thursday, October 1, 2015

October is HERE!!!

Greetings Everyone!
It's that time of year again - the weather is getting cooler and the leaves are about to start changing color - and I am about to travel all over the Southeast performing middle and high school programs!  The first "Nevermore: Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe" was this morning at Marietta Middle School - and it was a blast!  Here is a quote from Ms. Jablonski, an 8th Grade English Language Arts teacher: 


"I heard nothing but rave reviews of your show today!  Our students and teachers loved it!  They couldn't stop talking about it today and are so excited to read more Poe now!  We want you back next year, for sure!  Thanks again!"

This week I was also privileged to take part in Spartanburg 7's Seven Reads program.  I performed my "Super Reading Extravaganza!" show at all 7 of their elementary schools.  I met a lot of AWESOME students who were very excited about reading and using their library!  




Below is a link to a great article and video from the local news program:

http://wspa.com/2015/09/30/magician-kicks-off-reading-program-for-district/

In other interesting news - if you like the music in my middle/high programs and want to hear something very similar - I would encourage you to check out Midnight Syndicate's new CD "Christmas: A Ghostly Gathering" which is out today on iTunes and Amazon.  You can click on the picture below to find out some more info - it's a great combination of spooky music and traditional Christmas Carols.  This may be my favorite Midnight Syndicate album of all time - and I own many of them! I have already listened to it all the way through twice today as I drove back and forth from Atlanta for my Nevermore program!

http://midnightsyndicate.blogspot.com/2015/10/christmas-ghostly-gathering-available.html

Tomorrow it's onward to Myrtle Beach for 4 performances of my "Authors of Mystery and Horror" program at St. James High School!  I can't wait! 

Well, that's all for now - I shall see many of you soon as the Fall Tour continues!

No comments: