Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Critters for 2013 Summer Library Program!!!

Greetings Everyone!
The summer library season is only a few short months away and I have recently made a trip to Repticon (a national reptile covention) to pick up a few critters for the show.  Below are a few quick pics of some of my new pets, many of which will make a magical appearance during my "Dig Into Reading Safari" program.

1.  This first pic is of one of my new emperor scorpions.  This is when I tried holding it for the first time - my kids were very, very excited as you can see! 


2.  My favorite thing about emperor scorpions - they glow in the dark when put near a black light because they are flourescent!!!  This is the same scorpion from the previous photo!


3.  Here is my brand new, not quite full grown, Goliath Bird Eating Tarantula.  It's already as big as my hand - if not a little bigger! 


4. Here it has a mouthful of crickets - at least 10! 


5.  This cool guy is a tailless whip scorpion.  They don't have stingers like regular scorpions do - as a matter of fact, they don't even look like scorpions -  more like spiders.  They live about 2 years and grow as big as a person's hand. 


 6.  Here is one of the new stars of the show - an albino ball python.  I'm excited about this guy's routine in the new show! 


7.  And, last but certainly not least, here are a few new pics of our newest human addition - Toby!  He is just over 3 months old now and growing every day!




No comments: