Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29th - A Special Day

Greetings Everyone!  
Today is a very special day as you can see from the title of this post.  Why is it a special day you ask?  I will tell you - this is the anniversary of the publishing of Edgar Allan Poe's "The Raven."  On this day in 1845, The New York Evening Mirror printed the poem giving credit to Poe as the author.  The poem went on to become one of the most famous poem's of all time - and for good reason - it is an amazing work of art!  Go and read it yourself if you don't believe me!  

The second reason that today is special is because I was able to perform at Chestatee Middle for the 6th year in a row!  They had to reschedule as Viktor was born the afternoon of their October performance, and they picked today due to the cool connection with the anniversary of "The Raven."  The crowds were absolutely wonderful and I could not have asked for a better start to the 2015 school show season! 

It never gets old seeing your name on the marquee! 
Here is Ms. Kell and I as we pose for our 6th year show anniversary photo. 
I was also able to meet this young lady after the show and she informed me that her name was Annabel Lee - named after the famous Poe poem of course.  I had to get a picture with her!
I was even able to make it back to Augusta in time to see the kids get their stripes in karate. Grady is the boy facing the camera to the left of the blue powerade bottle! 
This was Toby and I modeling the new winter uniform for loading/unloading the show at middle and high schools.  Love the Poe Hoodie and Toby! 

And now for the really cool part - above we have a fairy reading a book.  I will admit to you all, I have seen only one other statue like this and it was not available as it was at a library that had gotten it from a lady who donated it to said library.  If anyone knows where I can get one of these - please let me know - you will be GREATLY REWARDED!!!!

No comments: