Friday, January 26, 2007

Introduction and Greeting!

Hello there,
I am glad that you have taken the time to read some of my thoughts and feelings about all things related to performing and educating children. As mentioned in my profile, my specialty is educational entertainment in libraries and schools in GA and SC. As you can see by the picture here, I have a lot of fun doing what I do and it's my goal to make sure that the children learn something while having the most fun possible.

This past summer the theme for the Vacation Reading Program was "Once Upon a Time" and my show was designed to incorporate the theme. That is part of the reason that I can do the same libraries year after year - the show is always new and fitted to the theme - you won't get the same show year in and year out.

For librarians who are reading this, I tend to book up almost a year in advance - as you can see from my schedule. This summer (2007) I am almost at my limit with around 75 shows during the end of May, all of June and all of July. The reason I am not doing many more are two-fold:
1) It's a very busy schedule already - with two or three shows a day all week long.
2) My wife and I are expecting a new edition to our family this summer - a baby girl! Her name is Reagan.

Reason #2 is the main reason that I am keeping it around 75 - 80 shows.

I hope that you will take the time to watch the video on my website of last year's "Once Upon a Time Reading Show" which has also been performed in schools all year long.

A few last thoughts: If you are a librarian and you need a specific date for the summer and that date is booked, or if you need several days in a row for your whole system, then consider securing a spot for the summer of 2008. You already know that the show will change from this year's show to fit whatever the theme will be, and you are under no obligation - you can cancel at any time and for any reason up until contracts are sent out at the beginning of 2008!

The final thought: If you are a librarian or a school educator who has experienced my program first hand - I encourage you to send spread the word to others that you know could benefit from having a quality educational program that both educates and entertains.

Have a great day and check back often for more blogs! Feel free to post your thoughts, suggestions, etc.

Sincerely,
Chad

No comments: