Friday, January 26, 2007

Magical Movies

Greetings!
As a magician, I am always interested in movies that deal with the subject of magic. My wife and I have watched two movies this past year that involve magicians - The Illusionist and The Prestige. When we saw The Prestige, we were both convinced that it was one of our favorite movies of 2006, and that The Illusionist would not be in the same ball park. I am happy to report that both movies lived up and exceeded our expectations, and I would encourage you to make an evening of watching them both. There are many, many plot twists in both, and there are even some classic magic tricks thrown in as well.

A note, you don't want your children watching these movies, as they are rated PG-13 for some intense drama/action, and there are some scary moments in The Prestige. If you have ever wanted to watch a movie that takes you back to the magicians of the Vauldville era, you can't go wrong with either one.


Have fun watching them and feel free to let me know what you think!


Chad

No comments: