Thursday, April 27, 2017

Moonflower Vines!

Greetings Everyone!
Now that spring has arrived it is time to get the moonflower seeds from last year into the ground so we can once again enjoy the lovely moonflowers each summer night!  Being quite interested in all things spooky and mysterious, it was a natural choice to plant a flower that only blooms at night - and only once, then it falls off the next day - as this goes right along with all things frighteningly educational!  

As I am absolutely the worst gardener ever, I am still amazed that these survived last summer - unfortunately they cannot survive our colder winter and tend to die off after the first frost of the year.  I think that this year I may have to combine these with some Morning Glory vines so that there will be several blooms both in the mornings and evenings.  

In the meantime, enjoy these pics from last summer's moonflowers!

Absolutely beautiful blooms!



I didn't think this plant would bloom but it surprised me with several!

Often 5-8 blooms per night for several nights in a row!

This little guy hung out for several days before moving on.

No comments: