Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween!!!

Greetings Everyone!
It is with great joy and a little sadness that I type this post - joy because it is my favorite day of the year, and sadness that it is almost over.  Of course, every time I perform one of my middle/high programs it feels like Halloween all over again, so there is really nothing to be sad about! 

The day started bright and early with shows at Martinez Elementary, one of my two Halloween schools.  They have had my programs on Halloween since I first started doing my middle/high programs - and they aren't even middle or high folks!  I had a great time with their 5th graders as usual, and I was able to finally debut the most awesome of canes, which was given to me by my most awesome cousin Morgan!  It has a silver raven as the handle, and will go great with my suit (as seen below) or with the Victorian Steampunk Suit of Awesomeness. 

Coolest Cane EVER!!!
After two most excellent and fun shows, it was on to the craft store and party store for some VERY last minute pirate supplies, along with an assortment of feathers to try and put together something resembling Captain Feathersword the Friendly Pirate from The Wiggles, as the rest of the family already had their Wiggles outfits, and had already debuted them at our Fall Festival a few days earlier.  I was not expecting much in the way of quality or accuracy with my costume - one of the difficulties of having such a busy schedule and staying on the road so much during the Halloween season. 

It was then time to head over to Cedar Ridge Elementary for some lunch and two final shows for their 4th and 5th graders.  They have a lovely stage in the gym and it's got nice lighting features so that one can really set the atmosphere for a spooky show.  The shows went great and the reactions were amazing - an awesome way to end the Halloween Day Programs of Spookiness! 

Afterwards it was time to take the 5 minute drive home to get ready for the traditional Crews Family Trick or Treating Extravaganza!  The first hour was spent piecing together the Captain Feathersword outfit, which I think turned out quite nicely thanks to some creative thinking by my beautiful wife along with a few ideas from yours truly.  It was an awesome evening of trick or treating with friends and family, and we can't wait for next year!  Below are pictures from the evening.  Enjoy!

How we managed to get the next few family pics is still a mystery and a miracle!

Baby Viktor is the Blue Wiggle! 



Viktor Lucian (pronounced Veeeektoooor Looooshun with a Transylvania accent) was happy to pose for a pic with his pirate dad.


Toby was my partner for most of the evening - he got the hand of getting candy pretty quickly.

Toby was posing for pics here!



The Wiggles with Maleficent!

This guy had the Spiderman act down pat.

The Wiggle's Crew!

I know it's hard to believe, but my wife gave birth two weeks before this pic was taken. 

Reagan loves the scary houses.  High five!
 Well, if you have made it this far down then you deserve one last treat.  How about a throwback Halloween pic from around 1990 or so.  I am the Ultimate Warrior, while my brother is the pirate - Batman was one of our friends.  As you can see, I have been a wrestling fan for quite some time, which helps explain why my 2 year old is named Tobias Kane Crews (see previous blog on Viktor's name, which also explains Toby's name). 

I'm thinking this costume needs to make a comeback next Halloween...
Happy Halloween Everyone!

No comments: